Tuesday, September 29, 2026

AI and My "News History" File

I couldn’t believe that I had never shared this story with you.

It all started shortly after the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak, around early March 2020. I couldn’t understand why I hadn’t seen it coming - what was I thinking before the national lockdown???  So, I decided to start logging the top daily news in an Excel file.

Thanks to a dear friend of mine, who diligently recorded the top three national news stories and the top three international news stories in the file every day. It was a HUGE undertaking at the time, and I was SO thankful for her help.

The file grew quite large. We organized it by year, and over time, it became an incredibly valuable archive of history. Then, in July 2024, we lost our news source, and the entire project came to an abrupt halt.

Thanks to Agentic AI, my news project has officially relaunched today!!

Now, my AI agent 小聪聪 (the Little Smarty) will populate the top three daily news stories into an Excel file and send the cumulative file to me every Sunday night.

To me, this isn’t really about knowing what happened yesterday or today. It’s about building a history of the headlines - watching how the world evolves, especially during such a pivotal time in history. Twenty years from now, my News History file could become tremendously valuable - not just as a record of what happened, but of HOW it happened, one headline at a time. Or... how the headlines completely missed the boat!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment